Wednesday, April 29, 2009

9876 Why Would I Put My Real Address Here Rd.
Evansville, IN Zip Code
April 29, 2009

Andrew Foster
Editor
The Shield
University of Southern Indiana
Evansville, IN 47712

Dear Mr. Foster,

In accordance with the animal rights movement, I believe that animals have the right to long, happy lives whenever they are able. I am here to focus on cruelty to animals, including pet abandonment and using animals for fashion in the fur industry. Many people in the tri-state area buy pets like chinchillas or rabbits without realizing the time and effort it takes to raise them, leading them to abandon these animals or to neglect them. While fur coats are not an issue here in southern Indiana, I have seen fur trimmed coats, gloves, and boots come into fashion recently. According to a recent investigation by the London newspaper, The Daily Mail, conditions on fur farms are deplorable, and animals are often skinned alive. I want to alert the student body to the animal neglect that occurs here, and tell them how they can stop or prevent it. I also want to tell people the abuse they cause by supporting the fur industry, in an attempt to dissuade them from buying and wearing fur. I had a table set up with all of my information and I spoke publicly on April 20 and 22 from 8:00am to 9:00am on campus in front of the University Center entrance.

You may e-mail me if you have any questions about my project at ******@usieagles.org, or call (812)***-**** in the afternoon between noon and 3:00PM for more information.

Sincerely,



Jessica L. Mayes

No comments:

Post a Comment